Family time » StayHome or how do we deal with the challenges in this new situation
- Everything you need for a baby bag
- Why is good hygiene in children so important?
- How to choose high quality baby sunscreen?
- Child skin care in the summer
- How often should we apply sunscreen to a child's body?
- How do herbal insect repellents work?
- A smile for every child!
- Baby wet wipes - convenientand useful when they are pleasant
- Game "Dad, I'm sleepy!"
- Musical massage or how mom's voice activates the baby's sensory perceptions
- Child of Baby Crema 2021
- Baby's first bath at home
- StayHome or how do we deal with the challenges in this new situation
- Family Time with Baby Crema
StayHome or how do we deal with the challenges in this new situationThe imposed prevention measures related to the spread of COVID-19 have changed everyone’s way of life. By being put under conditions of social isolation, parents have to cope with the difficult task on how to organize the family life in a new way.
Many of us work remotely from their homes, whereas the children study at home, nurseries and kindergartens are closed. The lack of contact with friends and relatives, as well as the restricted ability to go out for outdoor activities can trigger anxiety and depression in children.
We offer you a few ideas, which could be useful in our new daily life, particularly on how to create rules, which will reduce stress and will help our children feel safe and calm:
1. New daily routine.
Children need clear rules. By creating a schedule for the daily tasks and activities, we actually crate a feeling of order in them, whereas this makes them calm. The first thing we can do is to create a new schedule of their activities: when is the time for breakfast, studying, play and entertainment, when is the time they are allowed to watch TV or talk on the phone to friends.
2. Working from home. Parents, who work remotely from home, struggle greatly to organize the work process, which on the other hand, has to be combined with the remaining duties concerning the kids, partner, and home itself. Create a schedule of your own and determine a time of the day when you will ensure yourself quiet and the ability to concentrate. Seek help from your partner, who could take care of the kids during this time. Create your work schedule together. By showing unity and understanding, we help the kids feel calm and cared for.
3. New way to get in touch with friends and relatives.
In children’s lives, except the parents, other, also important to them people exist such as grandma, grandpa, close relatives etc. Very important for the children are their friends too. If possible, ensure moments for video calls too. This will relieve the feeling of social isolation and also will lift the spirits of everyone in the family.
4. Talk to the children about the problem. It is important that we explain the situation to children in calm and composed manner, to clarify why it is necessary to make changes in their way of life; hygiene habits, which must be observed even more strictly now. Explain them that the obligation to wash their hands often and wearing protective equipment outside contributes both to their health and to the health of other people. By creating a feeling of empathy and care for other people, we show our kids that they can be significant and valuable through their action for the good of all.
5. New pleasant activities.Be pro-active by organizing pleasant activities, in which kids can participate. Organize a cooking competition in pairs, or fun games after dinner, make a mini home theatre or a karaoke nights. This will help ease tension and will lift the spirits of everyone in the family.
WE ARE STAYING HOME – LET’S SHOW THAT WE STAY TOGETHER!